11.13.2012

happy birthday

Dear two-year-old Jillian Kate,
 I love that you're my best girl.  When you see something cool, you tell me all about it.  When you get hurt, you want me to kiss your owie a thousand times.  I will always want to hear about what you think is cool and always always will kiss all owies.
You are such a happy girl.  You love to sing, dance, color, read books, and play with bubbles in the bath.  Whenever one of your friends comes over you get so so so excited when you see them through the window.  We love to hear your laugh and see your big smile.
 But you can also be devious.  You love to sneak your paci out of your bed and run away the second we take off your diaper.  You know when you're doing something you shouldn't and you get the sneakiest smile on your face.
I love exploring the world with you because everything is so new and exciting.  You make me stop to smell every flower, touch every leaf, chase every squirrel, and listen to every bird.  You beg to go "ou-side" all day long.
 You make us so, so, so happy.  Every night after we put you to bed your daddy and I talk about the funny and cute things you did that day.  You complete our lives in a perfect way and we couldn't possibly love you any more.
Happy Birthday Jilly girl!!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Do we really have two year olds?! Goodness, time flies! Jilly is such a darling little girl! I hope her birthday was just as magical as it could be! Happy birthday cute girl!

Janssen said...

I always think of her as a LOT younger than Ella, so I'm shocked that she's two!

And I say to Bart all the time, "how would you parent without a spouse to gush over your child with?"

Lisa said...

Such a cute post to Jilly! I love all the family pictures--you guys look amazing.