1.03.2012

a birthday

I love birthdays.  I think it's fantastic that every person gets their very own day to be celebrated.  Plus, a day when you get kind texts/calls/cards/messages all day long from friends and family?  Yes, please.

Last Thursday was my 26th birthday. For breakfast Bryan made me delicious Belgian waffles with buttermilk syrup and fresh raspberries.  The day could have ended there and I would have been happy.  But after a little nap we packed up everything we own (seems like it at least) and headed into San Francisco to meet the rest of the family.


 I was so excited to show Jilly the puppies in the windows at Macy's.  She loved the "woof woofs."  We also walked down Pier 39 to see the sea lions- the other "woof woofs"



(trust me, my hair did not start out looking this way- those flippies are all thanks to the lovely humid air)

We ate clam chowder and Bryan wasn't feeding Jilly fast enough so she took matters into her own hands.

Bryan made my very very favorite cake that my mom always made for my birthday.  He appropriately calls it "chocolatey moist delight bundt cake."  Trust me, it's delish.

The thing I wanted most for my birthday was to go out to dinner without a little Jilly putting her fingers in my food.  On Friday Bryan took me to Texas Roadhouse and it was fabulous.  But please don't ask how many rolls I ate...

If my birthday is any evidence of what the rest of the year will be like I'm feeling great about 26!

5 comments:

rkenyon89 said...

haha! I just started following your blog, and HAD to laugh at the Texas Roadhouse "rolls" comment. Oh yum! The cinnamon butter completes em!

**Happy Birthday!**

Katie said...

Happy Birthday!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like a perfect day!

Lisa said...

I like the hair flippies! Very Hairspray. :)

Suzie Soda said...

I can't remember if I said Happy Birthday.....glad you had a good one. It made me want to go to SF for clam chowder and Boudin's sourdough bread. I hung out there alot as a kid. Greg and I went on our honeymoon there. And have been back a few times since. I know Pier 39 well.

Can you post the recipe for the moist chocolate cake?
I always like to try new chocolate recipes. xoxo