1.23.2012

Before and After

When we moved in the master bathroom was a real eyesore.  As our realtor put it, "It looks like someone showered in here incessantly yet never cleaned at all."  Gross.  But Super Bryan came to the rescue.

The Before- doesn't it make you cringe?!?!

The before floor (I promise, no other room in our house looked like this at all, somehow this just was the neglected child)

I'm 95% sure Bryan's favorite part of the project was gutting the old junk.  He had a big smile on his face as he hammered away.

In action

Bry got sick of doing all the work himself so we hired a slave... or we just convinced our friend Tommy that since his wife was out of town the best use of his time would be helping with our bathroom

Hello New Shower!!!  The glass doors are fantastic because while I'm showering I can watch Jilly unroll the entire roll of toilet paper onto the floor.

Tile up close- we used antique white 4x6 tile and grey un-sanded grout with a blue/grey decorative strip

My only part in the process (besides lots of moral support and encouragement and a few "will my bedroom ever stop being a workspace?"s ) was painting the walls.  First blue was way too bright, but I'm loving this darker blue.
(Jilly modeling our shower and her new Valentines jammies)

Bryan's brother proposed that we have a breaking in the shower party and invite everyone we know to come shower with us.  Regretfully, we are not going to use this excellent idea.  But, I promise if you come visit us we'll let you take a solo shower in our new bathroom!

7 comments:

Emily said...

I am VERY VERY impressed!! I had no idea Bryan was so handy!! It looks amazing you guys. I wish you would have filmed it and sent it to HGTV for me to watch :) Great job!!

Shauna said...

What an amazing transformation! Good work you guys!

Christina (Cha) said...

It looks so so good. I should have looked at it in person.

Suzie Soda said...

Awesome.....looks so great. xoxo

Unknown said...

What a difference! Looks great -- good job!

The Daytons said...

Awesome Job! We are in the process of moving right now, still renting, but I'm still taking notes from you;) I love all that you've done! And of course Miss Jilly looks adorable as she helps out.

Steph said...

Hi Rachel! I found you through Megan Johnson's blog :) Nice looking shower! I know we haven't really gotten to know you and Bryan yet (because I'm in primary) but we enjoyed your talks on Sunday! Welcome to the ward. -Steph Alston