12.31.2011

2011: Year in Review

Last year I requested that 2011 be a calmer year.  Didn't exactly happen, but it was wonderful nonetheless.

2011 was a year of travel.  We started the year out in Virginia, went to Utah in Feb. to help my sis pick out a wedding dress, went back to Virginia in June for the wedding, another sister's graduation, and a family beach trip, traveled to Utah again in August, Virginia for Thanksgiving and some early Christmas festivities, then a quick trip back to Utah last week for my Grandpa's funeral.  Counting each leg of all the trips Jilly and I took 19 flights in 2011.  It exhausts me just thinking about it, but we were so lucky to get to see our family so many times!

In September we bought our cute little townhouse.  Now we feel like real adults as we spend every Saturday making trips to Home Depot and doing house projects.  We are loving all the extra space and this adventure of home ownership.

It was a big year for Miss Jilly.  She learned to smile, roll over, sit up, eat solid foods, crawl, pull herself up, walk, talk, beg for candy, and cause lots of mischief.  Our only non-success was sleeping through the night.  Here's hoping for next year...

Bryan was busy biking and working.  He celebrated his one year anniversary with his company and has been my hero repairing and beautifying our new home.  He also earned official crazy status by completing the Tough Mudder with his brothers.

I found plenty to keep me busy at home.  The most used appliances in our home were the oven and my sewing machine.  I made 5 stockings, a pillow cover, 3 table runners, a nursing cover, 2 mini quilts, dish towels, 3 hotpads, a ladybug costume, a baby blanket, 2 skirts, an apron, and a stuffed owl.  I also made these rolls almost every week and made tons of cakeballs (50 for a Valentine's party with friends, 100 for all the men at church for Father's Day, and 200 to give as favors at my sister's wedding.)

My new Mary Engelbreit calendar is up on the wall and ready to be filled up.  Welcome 2012!

4 comments:

Kirsten Krason said...

what a fun year! Sounds like you were busy. I bet you are an amazing seamstress after all that!

Suzie Soda said...

I have always loved ME. I have alot of her stuff.
You are so industrious with all you have accomplished this year. I have been cleaning out and organizing my laundry room...feels like a hundred years of work.
My new dish pantry Greg built will be next. I need to stay home for 1 month everyday. Tonight I am putting up winter decor....got Christmas away yesterday.We got to see baby Carter this Friday again. He is a cutie.xoxo

Lisa said...

And may I say, the nursing cover you made is AWESOME! Even though we only made it through three months of nursing, I can wait to use it for the next one! (meaning, when I do have the next one, which is far, far away, I'm so jazzed I already have a cute nursing cover). You accomplished so much this year!

Shauna said...

I tried those rolls for dinner tonight because I figured if they were good enough for you to make once a week, we would love them too - and of course we did!