12.19.2011

Christmas

I spent a good part of my Sunday afternoon reading the birth stories Kayla posted.  I love reading about the sweet moments when a little baby joins his or her new family.

Then we had some friends over last night whose due date is TODAY.  They are delivering at our same hospital so we had fun reminiscing about that precious night our little Jilly joined us and getting so so excited with them for their little guy to make his entrance any day now.

This morning I woke up to the news that my Grandpa Anderson passed away in the night.  He turned 90 this year and lived a full and very impressive life.  His death wasn't entirely unexpected, he got sick earlier this month and went into the hospital and just hadn't been able to recover.  Knowing that it could be very soon, my dad and his 6 siblings were all at the hospital with him Sunday night.

The past 24 hours have filled me with a sense of awe in the miracle of life.  I'm more aware of the fragility, preciousness, and sanctity of life.   Christmas seems like bad timing for a birth or a death, but really it's the perfect time.  It's a perfect time to remember that our Savior came as a sweet tiny baby and sacrificed so we can live again with our families.  This Christmas, I'm so so grateful.

Grandpa Anderson
More on what I believe here

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear about your grandpa. But it is a good reminder, like you said, about how fragile and precious life is. We just have to treasure every moment.

Suzie Soda said...

Sorry about you grandpa. He was a good man and lived a good long life. My dad lived to be 88. He dies December 17th I saw your mom last night and she gave me an update....he hadn't passed yet. I am guessing some of you will be going out to SLC. I loved your post. I know having the gospel brings great comfort during these times. We will have you all in our thought and prayers. xoxo