12.16.2011

Merry and Bright

My parents gave Jilly this little nativity.  She loves playing with it and I love the sweet reminder of the reason for the season.  Every night I set it up perfectly like this and inevitably every morning wise men, animals, and baby Jesus get scattered around our family room.

Last year I had great intentions of making stockings but then I had a baby.  This year the stockings are a reality.  I loosely used this tutorial (and by loosely I mean that is the tutorial I was going to use last year  and didn't look at again this year, just did what I could remember and figured it out along the way) but I made a cuff because bias tape and I are not friends.   I'm very pleased with how they turned out.

Some Christmas decor on our shelves

 This is what a Christmas tree looks like in the home of a one year old.  The only ornaments on the bottom half are the gold balls I got at the Dollar Store and a couple other Jilly-proof ornaments.  

We have one very excited little girl!

You know that obnoxious Target commercial where everyone screams DONE! as they finish all their shopping?  Well, my friends, I am about to add my cheer to the chorus.  I have a few projects I still want to do in the next week but I am DONE! with all the necessities.  Ho ho ho!

5 comments:

{amy k.} said...

That little nativity is adorable and jilly is too cute!! That target commercialmakes me laugh, i can totally picture myself being the air punching girl! :)

Lindsay Marie said...

I've totally been eying that nativity forever. So cute!

And I'm loving Jilly's dress :)

Merry Christmas!!

Jenna said...

We have the exact same nativity for Grayson and go through the same thing too. I set it up all nice, and it's everywhere the next day. :)

The Daytons said...

We got the same nativity from my parents as well, it is so fun, isn't it! Jilly looks so cute! And, great job for being DONE:) hopefully I'll be able to join you soon!

Brittany said...

Where did they get that Nativity? Eli would love to play with that!