12.09.2011

An Oven Story

About 2 months ago I posted about our oven's missing racks.  We decided that even though it was ancient, we couldn't justify replacing an oven that worked just fine.  So we ordered new racks and went on with life.

Then just a few weeks later our oven went kaput.  We called the warranty company and crossed our fingers they'd replace instead of fixing.  We were in luck- they proclaimed our old oven dead and ordered us a new one.

Isn't she a beauty?

We've had our new friend for 27 hours and I've already made two batches of cookies.  Life is sweet.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love getting new fun "mom toys!" Sounds like it's getting broken in well :)

Christina (Cha) said...

That is awesome!! It is beautiful and what's better than a free appliance.

Emily said...

Having a bad oven is absolutely terrible. The one in our current place doesn't have a window so you have to open it to have a peak and on top of that the temp. is off! I swear 375 degrees is really 415. I have ruined many a recipes that I never had before.

I'm so glad to see you got a wonderful new friend!! Wishing you many merry baking days! Yay!