12.12.2011

Candy Cane Pie

Candy cane pie is a tradition in our house and it's a tradition I love.

Step One:  Spend hours mixing, rolling out, and baking your very own pie crust.
Ha.  Buy an oreo crust.

Step Two: Spoon partly melted peppermint ice cream into said oreo crust (my favorite part of the pie may be that it's pink.)

Step Three: Unwrap a candy cane, put it in a plastic bag and use a hammer to smash it (most fun part of the process.)  Spread the candy cane bits on pie.

Festive, Easy, Delicious- possibly my very favorite words.

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Yum! Why have I never thought of that before?! I've been obsessed with peppermint desserts this holiday season (probably because of my pregnancy), so it's pretty certain I'll be making this!

Emily said...

I showed this to Zack and he told me that this pie would now be one of our family traditions! Thanks for sharing such a delicious yet simple recipe! Yum!