4.01.2015

April Foolery

Historically I have been a lousy celebrator of April Fools.  I haven't ever planned anything in advance, and I'm so gullible that I always dread this day since I usually end up feeling dumb for all the silly things I fall for.  But this year somehow I nailed it.

Last night at the last minute I threw bowls of cereal (leftover Lucky Charms from St. Patrick's Day) in the freezer.  Jilly was annoyed when I told her she had to have cereal this morning then her bad mood got even worse when her spoon was stuck inside the bowl.  Finally I explained April Fool's to her and she thought it was hilarious.  Mattie was frustrated for a second, then proceeded to contentedly pick out and eat all the frozen marshmallows.

I was on a roll so I decided to do something for Bryan.  For the past few weeks I've been searching for The Tonight Dough and I finally found it the other day and we scarfed it down in 1.45 seconds.  So I cleaned out the old empty carton and filled it with cottage cheese.  When Bryan got home I told him I'd gotten more and asked him to get it out for us.  His response was priceless and I laughed harder than I've laughed in a long time.  Happily I was smart enough to actually buy us a new carton and hide it in the freezer so we could enjoy the ice cream after all.  Happy April Fool's to all and to all a goodnight.

(My other favorite April Fools joke here.)



0 comments: