4.24.2015

five


one- We've had a nice, slow week and I've really enjoyed a break from the rush rush rush.  I spent an afternoon sitting in the sunshine reading while my girls played in the van (I guess the fact that they're always buckled in makes it seem like the most fun place to play ever.)  Another day our neighbors had a shed delivered and we spent nearly an hour watching them take it off the trailer.  It's an exciting life we live.

two- Mattie is such a Daddy's girl.  She can hardly contain her excitement when he comes home from work, and saves her biggest hugs and kisses for him.  I snuck this picture of them playing together during church- real men have hands covered in Minnie Mouse stickers.


three- A few things I've been loving this week:  This miniseries is fantastic, we're on Episode 5 (of 7) and I'm already sad to be done.  I think I'm the very last person to use this app (I've actually had it on my phone for months but never actually did a workout til last week) but I really like it, and after the first day I was so sore I could barely move so I've got lots of work ahead of me.  This recipe is quick and easy, and everyone in my family gobbles it up.  I have to restrain myself from making it every single night.

four- My sister and Bryan's brother and sister-in-law are graduating from BYU today.  I wouldn't give up my life now for anything, but oh those were such fun and exciting times.  BYU will always be one of my very very favorite places.  Hooray for Jenn and Chad and Kylie, we wish we were in Provo celebrating with you!

five- Jilly's favorite thing these days is to play in the basement without adult supervision.  And you will never ever hear me complain about it because what else are basement playrooms for?  Jilly had a friend over and they played for hours down there.  But when they were done the basement looked like a hurricane + a tornado + a herd of elephants had gone through.  Luckily Jilly's a pretty good cleaner (when she has a little motivation in the form of a show when she's done.)

^ Yes, that is a bar with a fishbowl full of corks (with no contributions from us.)  We think our landlord was quite the partier when he lived here but now the bar is excellent toy storage for us.

3 comments:

Kristen Fitzgerald & Trevor Martinez said...

that is an impressive before and after picture. I am jealous of your basement. I have been getting so frustrated with toys that they have been mysteriously disappearing:)

Shauna said...

My kids love playing in the car too. They pack up a bag and say they're going on a trip and it entertains them for hours!

Lisa said...

Okay, I've never seen that Nike training app, so I'm glad you told me about it! Apparently I'm the last, last person to install it. I am CRAZY impressed Jilly picked all that up. Glad you're getting some chill time after all the busy times you've had!