8.02.2013

five fact friday

Bryan had to go to L.A. on a business trip this week so I spent my first night alone with two chickies.  How did I survive?  Friday Night Lights and cookie dough.  And, I may or may not have gotten a little freaked out at 3am when I couldn't fall back asleep after feeding Mattie and decided to lock the three of us girls in my room just to be on the safe side.

This week we got out the play mat for Mattie and within a few minutes she had grabbed onto a toy.  Then we went to the park and let her swing  for the first time.  Next thing I know she'll be asking to borrow the car.
 

Jilly has this new thing where she says "huh" after every question, "Where we going huh?"  "What you doing huh?"  It's totally redneck yet totally adorable to me.

On Saturday Bryan ran 15 miles then came home and watched the girls while I ran 2 miles (a whopping 1/6 of his run.)  I'll give you one guess which one of us thought they were going to die of exhaustion.  (If you guessed me, you are correct)

Probably my best idea this week was to make Jilly her own little photo album.  I've been printing lots of pictures lately (mostly of Mattie) to update our picture frames.  And Jilly wants to look at, get finger prints on, and bend every single picture.  So I grabbed a little book and let her choose any of the leftover pictures to put in her book.  It doesn't hurt that the photo album has a pink, sparkly cover.  "Where my pink sparky book huh?" (And, I know you're dying to know more about this hairstyle- it's only possible after a delicate balance of pool visits and not taking baths.  I'm actually quite close to perfecting it in my own hair as well.)
 
Happy Friday!

3 comments:

Kristen Fitzgerald & Trevor Martinez said...

I will go running with you when I come if Bryan will be brave enough to watch all the girls. Then you will feel good about yourself when you see how slow I am!

Lisa said...

Love how I was so self-absorbed with my trip, I had no idea Bryan was even gone--sorry, Rach!
Mattie is so gosh darn cute. I can't wait to see her!! I can't believe I haven't already.
Brilliant move to let Jilly make her own album. 5 star mom award. :)

Kirsten Krason said...

When Josh is gone I am constantly waking myself up in the middle of the night and I can NEVER fall back asleep. It's the worst.