8.29.2013

summer salads

Despite the fact that most people have already started school, we are still in full summer mode.  And so is the weather here so we're keeping on with easy easy summer meals.  Last year I posted three summer recipes I loved.  And now I have three more for you-

Southwestern Pasta Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing
My mom made this while we were at the beach and I ate it for dinner and lunch the next day.  Then I convinced her to make it again the next week.  She added chicken to make it more of a meal and it is delicious.  Recipe and picture here

Avocado Basil Pasta Salad
Someone brought this to us after we had Mattie.  I've made it a few times since- easy and tasty.  Recipe here
Mexican Tomato and Corn Salad
My cousin-in-law made this salad last year while we were in Utah and I immediately fell in love with it so I asked her to send me the recipe.  It is so so so so good.  Recipe and picture here.

3 comments:

Katie said...

These look good! I never make pasta salad, but mostly because I don't have any recipes for it. I will have to give it a try.

Katie said...

These look good! I never make pasta salad, but mostly because I don't have any recipes for it. I will have to give it a try.

Lisa said...

Nice! Anything with cherry tomatoes is perfect right now because of my BUSH of a sun sugar tomatoes. Thanks as always, Rach! Love your recipe recommendations.