8.13.2013

summer crushes

six things I'm crushing on right now-


DDP - With the advent of the hot, hot summer and my frazzled mom-of-two-kids life Dr. Pepper has made a big fat re-entrance into my life.  I've been trying to mostly drink diet so I feel a teensy weensy bit better about myself.

aden + anais swaddle blankets - Right before I had Mattie my friend mentioned that she had seen swaddle blankets at Target for $8 (usually $30 so a steal) and she grabbed them but didn't need them.  I bought them from her not really knowing what I was getting but trusting her motherly wisdom.  Best.purchase.ever.  Four blankets come in a pack (we have these ones) and they are lightweight and stretchy- perfect for swaddling at night and perfect for wrapping baby in the summer.  In the past few months I've noticed these blankets on babies everywhere so thanks Christina for clueing me in.

sugar snap peas - I'm obsessed with these this summer.  I buy the double bag at Sam's Club then once I start eating I cannot stop and end up going through both bags in just a couple days.  Maybe this counterbalances my DDP addiction?

Tide Sport - A few weeks ago one of Jilly's friends was over and I noticed that she smelled absolutely divine (I make it a point to take a whiff of all our guests.)  I asked my friend what laundry detergent she used and she told me about Tide Sport.  I went out and bought some the very next day.  It's a little expensive so I save it for special occasions- when we have super yucky laundry, or guests coming, and always on our sheets.  At the moment this detergent is my absolute favorite scent, and when I have freshly washed sheets the aroma spreads through my whole bedroom and I want to die of happiness.  (I've never felt so housewifey as I do now after this confession.)

Seche Vite top coat - Lisa posted this in one of her favorite things posts (and even used it on my nails once when she was being her wonderful self and painting my nails for me) and it has seriously changed my life.  I love having painted nails, but it drives me crazy to have all my work ruined within 2.5 seconds.  This top coat works so well, and keeps my nail polish looking great for a solid 4 days (then I usually let them look lousy for 4 more days before painting again.)
camp patton - I recently discovered this blog and it is so so so funny.  Regularly I try to tell Bryan a story from her blog and I have to give up because I'm laughing so hard I can't speak anymore.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Thanks again for introducing me to Camp Patton. Grace is so great. I feel so creepy because I love pretending we're real-life friends. :)
And I feel so ashamed for not being the one to tell you about Aden and anais blankets. I guess I assumed you knew but didn't like them? Yeah, those are Blake's "blankies" that he's had since birth. The 4 pack really comes in handy because Blake is equally attached to all four. We already bought some new ones for Miles (different color--I'm hoping that helps Blake leave them alone). But DANG--$8!?! How is that even possible?! That is a friggin' STEAL.

Jamie Cheney said...

Aden and Anais blankets are seriously the best! Cool in the summer warm in the winter. A nursing mom's dream. I just love them. I cannot believe the $8. I love them so so much I'd pay $50 for them.

Janssen said...

Isn't Grace the BEST? Love her.

Also, we are huge aden + anais fans over here too.