7.31.2013

success


First thing this morning Jilly had a complete meltdown (best way to start a morning...) 
and through her sobs she said "I just want to sit on mommy's lap."  
I quickly finished feeding Mattie and pulled Jilly on my lap  
and I thought, "this feels familiar."

In the past 2.5 months our lives have changed quite dramatically.
They've definitely changed for the better, 
but we're still figuring out this better new life

I've spent the past week complaining to anyone and everyone
about my inability to function as I used to.
Showering, making dinner, cleaning up, dealing with crying children
seem like olympic events right now

And today I realized that poor Jilly just wants her mom,
not a crazy lady who is always frustrated about what she isn't doing

So today we played ring-a-rosie eight times in a row
and read the zebra book inside her tent
I had nasty hair and a super messy house
but we did eat and make it to Sam's Club and laugh a lot
so we'll call today a success

6 comments:

Katie said...

What a sweet girl! Life feels crazy with one and I imagine the crazy train goes faster with two. This is good to remember.

Shauntel said...

I remember exactly this. And I remember reaching exactly the point you did today. Showering and dishes and cooking took a back seat for quite a while. I still fold laundry only about once a month. :)

Give it six months. I swear six months is the magic mark where everything just starts humming along. Or at least everyone starts to figure out the rhythm of things.

Until then, just do what you have to, and then play ring-a-rosie again. :)

Jana said...

I remember this exact thing happening with Lily... in fact most melt downs these days can be calmed with "do you need a hug?" These little kids are quickly forced to grow up when baby arrives and it's sometimes slips our mind to just snuggle our first babies on our laps.

Also, beautiful picture of you and girls :)

Lisa said...

Sounds like a successful day to me! I keep trying to mentally prepare myself for not being able to cruise through to-do lists like I can now with one super-napper, but I don't anything really prepares you. So I'll have to remember to check back to this post in a few months when I need a pep talk. :)

kali said...

That picture is so so so cute!

Janssen said...

You are such a sweet mommy.