7.19.2013

five

1. We survived the trip home!  While it was much, much better than our trip out it still wasn't flawless.  We had delays, nearly lost baggage, grouchy people, blowout diapers, and a particularly nasty 15 minutes during which both girls were screaming.  But, at one point when Mattie was asleep in my arms and Jilly was asleep with her head in my lap my neighbor said "You are very blessed."  And I said, "Yes, yes I am."

2. My girls have the best (the BEST) aunts and uncle.  They played with Jilly, had sleepovers with her, and endured her constant bossiness and drama.  Jilly is missing her favorite playmates so, so much.




3. We finally made it home at about 1am Thursday morning.  I walked in the door to find a perfectly clean house- dishes clean, carpet vacuumed, and even freshly washed sheets on my bed (is there anything better than crawling into a bed of clean sheets?)  To top it all Bryan had gotten me cookie dough to get me through the next day (if it makes you feel better you can pretend I used it to make cookies, but let's be honest- I didn't.)  He's a keeper.

4. While in VA my sisters and I made microwave potato bags (using this tutorial.)  I used mine last night and it worked perfectly, but Jenn used hers also and sent me this picture on the right.  Perhaps not a 100% success.

5. When I was taking Mattie's two month pictures another little girl had to join in.  And Mattie gave me one of her classic "save me!" faces.  Love them both.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

That picture of Jilly and Mattie is classic. And pretty sure Bryan should be nominated for husband of the year with that kind of welcome home.

Jana said...

So no go on the potato bag?!? Bummer!! Your trip home sounds better than your first but still terrifying... Dang.

Katie said...

So glad the ride home was a little better!