10.22.2012

Pumpkin Recipe #3

Last week we were Boo'd so it was our turn to spread the fun and secretly take treats to someone else.  I made cookies and copies of the note and we waited til dark then headed out on our secret mission.  When we got to the house Bryan informed me that I was going to be the runner.  I tried to protest- I had already done my part by making the cookies, he was a faster runner, etc.  But he was adamant.  And, scared as I was, it was kind of exciting to ring and dash back to my getaway car.

These are the cookies I made to deliver to our friends.  While these are Bryan's favorite pumpkin cookie, I need a little chocolate in mine.  I've had these many times before, but didn't have a recipe on hand so I had to take a chance and look one up.  Success- they were delicious.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
recipe found here

1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp milk
1 tbl vanilla
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

1. Combine pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, and egg.

2. In a separate bowl stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.

3. Dissolve baking soda with the milk and stir in. (This step didn't make any sense to me, but I still did it. Any ideas why you dissolve the baking soda?)

4. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix well.

5.  Add vanilla and chocolate chips.

6. Drop by spoonful on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 for approximately 10 minutes or until lightly brown and firm.

0 comments: