10.23.2012

Monday, Monday

Yesterday I woke up to a dark and rainy day.  I was thrilled.  We hadn't had a day of rain since May and I was more than ready for some moisture.  But I was not ready for the disaster my morning became.

Freddy arrived, and this was obviously a stay at home and play day so I decided to make play dough.  As I stirred away and congratulated myself for being such a cool mom, Jilly sat on the floor with a pen scribbling all over her brand new outfit.  Yeah, not so cool.

I finished the play dough and managed to get blue food coloring all over my sleeve.  I got the kids all set up with play dough and cookie cutters.  The little stinkers played for all of 2 minutes and were then done with my play dough.  I was annoyed to say the least, but I got them down and started the cleanup process.  Let me explain it this way-

time kids played with play dough < time it took to make play dough < time it took to clean up play dough

luckily I got a picture during those 2 minutes

After the play dough debacle I decided I deserved a delicious bagel smothered in butter.  I tried to hide in the kitchen but Jilly and Freddy struck again.  "I wanna bite peez peez peez peez peez"  I desperately tried to convince them that graham crackers were tastier than my buttery bagel but no luck.

So I gave up and we watched movies the rest of the day...

3 comments:

Strong Clan said...

You had an Erickson in your class at canyon crest, I recognize that pig pastry spatula!!

Kristen Fitzgerald & Trevor Martinez said...

Haha....sorry that your bad day made me laugh a little. I am just picturing your face when you saw the pen all over jilly's outfit. You are a good mom for trying. I would have skipped the play dough all together and gone straight to movie..at least you tried!

Janssen said...

SO have had those days. . .