4.30.2012

Santa Cruz

This weekend we went to Santa Cruz to visit Bryan's brother Jeff and his girlfriend Laura.  I have never been very impressed with California beaches because every time we've gone it has been so, so cold.  But we finally timed it right and had a beautiful day!

Jillian hadn't been to the beach in 7 months but she is definitely still our beach baby.  She loved playing in the sand and easily fell asleep on a walk in her stroller.  Sadly, I left my camera in the car for part of the day so not too many pictures.

But, I was sure to document this occasion- I got in the Pacific Ocean!  That thing is cold cold cold and I've always called Bryan crazy for getting in.  But, it was such a nice day so I knew I'd be able to warm up after I got out, and Laura had a wetsuit I could borrow.


We paddle surfed which was so much fun.  You basically balance on a huge surfboard and then paddle yourself around.  We didn't get any pictures because Jeff and Laura were busy watching the Jilly monster, but I looked just like this-

After we'd had enough beach we went back to Laura's house and had a barbeque.  Jilly was in heaven

eating lots of chips and salsa- she'd dunk and then lick the salsa off and dunk again

playing with Leo

swimming in her little pool

After eating the boys went on a bike ride and the girls went on a walk then we headed home.  My biggest regret is that I never got a picture of Jilly with Jeff and Laura.  Oh well, guess we'll have to go back soon!

2 comments:

Emily said...

What a fun weekend!! I love Jilly's darling swimsuit too :) I'm proud that you finally made it into the Pacific Ocean- here's to more good beach days!

Janssen said...

Looks gorgeous. You have such a happy life, Rachel.