8.22.2011

layering

I missed the first week of the 21 Day Challenge but decided this morning I needed to jump on the bandwagon.  Today's challenge was to mix dressy and casual.  90% of my clothes were in piles on the floor to be washed, and my day consisted of laundry, baking bread, paying bills, finally unpacking and organizing, creating our menu for the week, grocery shopping, going to the library and begging for a new library card since mine broke in half for the third time, etc.  I decided dressy + casual just wasn't going to happen for me today.  So, I traveled back in time to yesterday's challenge- layering accessories.

shirt- H&M, pearl necklace- Penelope's (my fav. jewelry store in Richmond), other necklace necklace-H&M, green skirt- H&M (are you noticing a pattern?)  polka dot flats- old, Target maybe?

This is something I haven't ever done before but I think I kind of like it.  My double necklaces made my boring t-shirt and skirt outfit a little exciting.

The only problem was that my necklaces looked like this most of the day:
Oh, the joys of mothering.

Join in!  Find tomorrow's challenge here

21 Day Challenge


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

your necklaces look gorgeous together! (and delicious, hehe)

Jenna said...

cute, love the the layering! And I totally get the same thing whenever I wear necklaces, or headbands even. Sometimes I wait till I'm leaving the house to put them on otherwise Gray is chewing on them constantly, so fun! :)

Lauren@ "Happiness is..." said...

Because of you I have been doing this, however I haven't blogged about it yet because life has been crazy and I haven't gotten ny pictured but I am having fun with it!!! Love your necklaces!

Lisa said...

You look gorgeous! I love it!