8.01.2011

Guilty Pleasures

One of my favorite things in the world is Dr. Pepper.  I try not to drink it too much, but when I do get it I savor every last drop.  For the past couple years beautiful, wonderful, dear McDonalds has offered any sized soft drink for $1.  And, apparently Californians are big into McD's because there is just about one on every corner.  So, when I'm especially tired, stressed, hot, or just grouchy there's always a Dr. Pepper within my reach for just $1.08.


For a long time, I was able to abstain from watching The Bachelorette.  I knew it was dumb reality tv and I don't really like getting into shows and feeling like I have to watch them on a schedule.  Enter hulu and enter life as a stay at home mom.  I can watch whenever I want and can simultaneously fold laundry, clean the house, make dinner, etc.  Brilliant.  Plus, this show has the added bonus that all my sisters watch it so we can discuss who we love (JP!) and who we hate (Ben F)

I love cookie dough.  After Jillian was born my mom stayed with us for a week.  She asked what we wanted to eat and I quickly replied "cookie dough!"  So my mom made a bowl of cookie dough just for us to eat.  The other day I found this on pinterest and I wish I was exaggerating when I say I immediately walked into my kitchen, mixed up the ingredients, and enjoyed my delicious treat (if you do make it, and you should- don't melt the butter all the way, it makes it too liquid-y.)


What are your guilty pleasures?  (Please say you have some!)

6 comments:

Shauntel said...

Um, Amen?

We don't have cable, so I can't say I watch the Bachelorette. But I know I would if I could.

And let's just say that the very first thing I ate when I got home from the hospital was cookie dough. And I washed it down with an ice cold Diet Dr Pepper.

Oh heaven.

Katie said...

I am with you on all three of these. Only I more often have Mountain Dew than Dr. Pepper. To my list I would add Grey's Anatomy, cupcakes from The Sweet Tooth Fairy, and the occasional People Magazine (or rather, people.com since I almost never buy the magazine).

Lauren@ "Happiness is..." said...

Yes.....bachelorette, I too got sucked in. And I too love JP!!!

Emily said...

First off- LOVE the Bachelor/ette!! Have since I was in college and I am addicted, it's true. I'm a JP fan as well. Can't watch tonight, I'm out of town, but I'm hoping for some good news!

As soon as I get home I'm trying that cookie dough! Maybe I'll even make some for our cross country move to Wisconsin this week!

Lisa said...

Rachel, you should have posted this recipe years ago. I've just been eating an entire recipe's worth of cookie dough. You probably could have saved me a lot of useless running! And my guilty pleasure is omg.yahoo.com. I never go there directly, but when I go to yahoo's homepage, I always get sucked into those useless articles.

Janssen said...

The Internet, of course.