9.27.2015

RVA Weekend

A few months ago my friend Kelsey emailed saying that she and her husband were planning a trip to Richmond and she wanted to get together with us and our other friend Lindsay.  I was so, so, so excited.  Kelsey, Lindsay, and I were best friends in high school and we have not seen nearly enough of each other in the years since then. Kelsey's parents moved to ID while we were in college and Lindsay and I just haven't had a lot of luck with overlapping our visits home.  I figured it had been a full 9 years since the three of us were together.

We drove down to Richmond Friday night and were able to drop our kids off with my parents and get ice cream with Kelsey and Simon.  It was so fun to catch up (and be out sans kids!)  After ice cream I mentioned to Bryan that it was National Cheeseburger Day so we were off to Cook-Out at 11:30pm (a decision I surprisingly didn't regret.)

On Saturday we watched my brother's soccer game then met up with Kelsey and Lindsay and their families for lunch and a Fun Center.  We had a great time driving go-karts and playing in the arcade.





That night we left the kids home again and went out to dinner and had dessert at Lindsay's parents' house.  It was so, so fun to be back with these great friends.  I was surprised at how easy it was to be together and how much we'd stayed the same even though we're 10 years older.


I came home to this sweet sight- best babysitter ever!


We had to be home for church the next day so we left at 10:30pm and listened to the BYU vs. UCLA game on the way.  We got home a little after 1 and tossed the girls in bed then watched the sad ending of the game.  Sunday was quite a day for us- we both had a few church responsibilities and were running on very little sleep but we made it and ALL took a glorious 2 hour nap that afternoon.  Such a fun weekend.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

We loved seeing and hanging out with you all!!! Hopefully we'll get together before another 9 years passes. Maybe the BYU game next year near DC???