9.09.2015

Labor Day Weekend

I love Labor Day weekend because we often don't plan a whole lot and just see what happens and usually some great things happen.  This past Labor Day was no exception.  On Saturday morning Bryan and I took turns going for runs and did some projects around the house then in the afternoon we met up with my family at Katie and Neal's house.  We had dinner and watched the BYU game together.  It was so, so, so exciting; I'm really glad we were all together.  And my favorite part of all was when the BYU player hugged the ref who called the final touchdown.  


Sunday was busy with church, naps, and having a friend over for dinner.  Then on Monday morning we went on a little hike to Kilgore Falls.  And when I say little I mean Mattie walked pretty much the whole thing, albeit at a v e r y s l o w pace.  But we made it, and enjoyed playing in the cold water and eating our snacks.



During Mattie's nap I took Jilly to Old Navy.  I got her some cute new dresses for school (which she later said was the best part of the whole day.)  All clearance items were an additional 30% off so we came home with a few steals. 

On our way back from shopping some friends called to invite us to play on their slip n slide.  We picked up Bryan and Mattie and went to play.  It's always so much more fun when dads are around.


To finish off the night we had a little back to school feast.  I had lots of plans and decorating ideas that didn't all happen, but we did have flowers and use our fancy china and, because we're so original, we reminded the girls to "have courage and be kind."  Bryan gave Jilly a father's blessing and it was off to bed to start our first ever week of (pre)school.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Those girlies of yours are just so cute, also shopping at Old Navy was the best part of my Labor Day as well! Who can beat $8 dresses?

Lisa said...

Kilgore falls looks so cool! And what a good mom you are with the pre-school celebration. :)
And I'm pretty much kicking myself for missing two of the most epic BYU games ever . . .