9.18.2015

friday five

My five favorite moments from this week 


1. On Saturday I went to back-to-back baby showers so Bryan and the girls got to hang together for the morning.  At Home Depot Bryan and Jilly noticed that Mattie was grabbing her diaper but they couldn't figure out why til whoops! her diaper fell right off and landed in the middle of the aisle while Mattie cried out "my bum bum, my bum bum!"  I think this story is terribly funny, especially when told by Jilly.  I'm always a little jealous of the adventures they have while I'm gone.

2. Mattie is notoriously unfriendly and sometimes quite grouchy to other people.  Her nursery teachers are an adorable older Filipino couple who are the nicest people on this planet.  It's taken her a looooong time to love nursery, but she has finally reached the point where she begs to go to "primary" (as she calls it) as soon as we walk through the doors.  Last Sunday we were walking into church and her teacher was coming from the other direction.  Mattie saw him, then shocked me by running to give him a big hug.  He picked her up and carried her right into church as my heart melted.  Oh, how I love sweet people who take such good care of my girls. 

 

3. It's a great time to be a BYU fan.  Last Saturday's game started at 10:30pm and I was doubtful that I'd be able to stay up for the whole thing.  I did sleep for most of the second quarter (which conveniently was the worst part of the game) but I woke up by half time and was so thrilled not to miss another exciting Cougar win.  

4.  September in Maryland can't be beat (except maybe by October.)  The weather has been absolutely perfect this week and we've taken full advantage.  Our neighbors gave us a playhouse their kids outgrew so we've spent lots of happy hours in the backyard playing "family" (Jilly's favorite game.)  And one day when we had Elsie and Bennett over all four of them ate lunch in the very crowded playhouse.  


5.  After a cancellation for heat last week and a day off Monday for Rosh Hashanah Jilly finally had her first day at school by herself on Wednesday.  She excitedly ran right in the door without looking back while Mattie bawled her eyes out, not because she missed her sister, but because "I want to go in there!"  After picking Jilly up I asked her how it was and she said, "We had teddy grahams for snack!"  So I'd say preschool is a success.


1 comments:

Lisa said...

Jilly is looking so grown up! She looks like she should be another one of the Anderson girls. And--random--but when did you get your blog header?! It's so cute! And Mattie's crying breaks my heart. Miles is in the exact same boat. So hard. And the picture of the kids in the play house is adorable. :)