5.28.2015

four and a half


I may change my mind in the future but so far 4 1/2 is the very best age.  Jillian is sweet and helpful and usually quite reasonable (not something I can say about the two-year-old in the family.)  She's a rule-follower and has a strong guilty conscience.  Jilly loves crafts, books, friends, and dress-up.  She has not worn a pair of shorts for two whole years, only dresses and skirts.  She hates to have her hair brushed but loves to have her hair done in curls or braids.  She is constantly singing- mostly songs of her own creation.  Jilly has neat handwriting and loves to make cards and write notes for her friends.  I think the world would be a much happier place if everyone had a Jilly; she's very enthusiastic and tells me regularly "this is the best day ever!"  I love that it's (usually) so easy to make her happy.  I can tell she's getting older because we're calling her Jillian much more.  Mattie actually started this (she is the only person I know who always uses her sister's full name) but I catch myself calling her Jillian much more frequently as well.  This girl is a gem and I'm so happy she's ours.

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

I love that she has gone so long without wearing shorts. Maybe a mission is in her future. Crazy to think you have a 4 and 1/2 year old! So cute.

Steph said...

This is so great! Kate will be 3 in August and it makes me hope that there is less toddler craziness ahead :)

Lisa said...

She's so grown up! Love this post about Jilly...I mean Jillian. I need to hop on board!