8.06.2014

Mattie: fifteen months

+ She's entered the exciting world of dress-up.  Mattie loves to wear Jilly's clothes and shoes, dress-up high heels, and necklaces.  She's also especially fond of her sparkly flip flops.  People ask me all the time how I get her to keep them on and the truth is she begs to wear them.


+ Mattie is at such a fun stage where she understands almost all of what we say and she's just beginning to communicate back.  Her "uh oh" is adorable.  She also says a few animal sounds: mow (meow), bak bak (bark), qack (quack), and moo.  She says "dogaw" for doggie and "kitkat" for kitty cat.  And she matches the correct sound with the correct animal nearly half the time.  

+ Mattie loves books (which thrills me, as you can imagine.)  She'll find a book and plop herself in my lap to read it (more likely to quickly flip through the pages.)  Or sometimes I find her surrounded by a pile of books reading them to herself in jibberish.

   
+ Mattie hates milk, but loves to drink water, especially out of a straw or out of my cup.

+ She loves to walk independently; she's gotten so fast and does not like to be hindered by having to hold my hand.


+ In the past week Mattie has decided she only needs one nap a day.  This is heartbreaking for me.

+ Mattie's turned into quite a silly girl; she loves to make us all laugh.


 

+ A video of Mattie making her ice cream face- she had quite the audience at Ikea.


2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness, when did Mattie get so grown up?! Adorable pictures. Especially love the one of her looking up, "reading" a book. I need to hear her animal sounds next time we FaceTime!

Lisa said...

P.s. Just watched the ice cream face video. Hilarious!! What a character!