8.22.2014

five fact friday

It's been a doozy of a week.  First, Mattie got pink eye.  By some miracle the rest of us remained unharmed but poor Mattie struggled for a couple days.  When she woke up in the morning her right eye was completely swollen shut.  Next was laryngitis.  My voice was completely gone for a day and I felt miserable.  Jilly kept saying "Mom, why are you being so quiet?" and I whisper-explained to her that I wasn't being quiet but that this was as loud as I could talk.  She wasn't buying it.  The terrible mom in me wondered why don't kids ever lose their voices??

Mattie went to her first movie this week.  Rio 2 was the dollar movie, and I figured Mattie couldn't infect anyone while sitting on my lap in a dark theater so we went for it.  Jilly liked it (and the $7 popcorn I bought because I'm a sucker) and Mattie liked the first half then spent the second half walking the aisle.  Whether or not this outing was a success is up for debate.


Mattie threw her first throw-herself-on-the-floor tantrum this week- because I wouldn't take the batteries out of the remote for her to play with.  Mean mom.  But, she also started giving kisses to the animals in her books, so all is forgiven.

Jilly was invited to a birthday party this weekend and it is the most exciting event in her life thus far.  Her outfit is picked out and sitting by the stairs, we chose a gift, wrapping paper, and bow at Target, wrapped the gift, then Jilly made a card for her friend.  It is so exciting that Jilly had to jump on the phone to tell my mom about it and Jilly is a first rate phone-hater.

I've been knee-deep in rug/accent chair/where to hang pictures decisions this week.  It's a tough life I live.  Also, boyfriend v-neck t-shirts were only $5 at Target so I got one and if I can sneak back this weekend I'll be buying 15 more (don't tell Bryan.)

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

Jana said...

I fully appreciated the Mattie kissing animals video and may have added a few more target v necks to my collection, now a proud owner of almost every color. Jean shorts and a target Tshirt- my momiform

Lisa said...

Laughing about the kids losing their voices comment. :)