8.11.2014

Jilly lately

Moving with kids is an interesting thing.  For the most part, it's a huge pain.  But also in the past few months Jilly has provided much needed distraction and comic relief- she's given me good reason to take lots of fun breaks.  We definitely drive each other crazy at times, but for the most part she's my best little friend.  Some things I want to remember about Jilly at 3 and 3/4:

 
+ She has become a coloring fiend.  We keep crayons and paper/coloring books out on her little table and I find her there all the time.  She's constantly finishing masterpieces and begging to hang them on the wall in the basement.

 

+ She's also taken a great interest in writing.  She often asks how to spell people's names and we practice together.  One day she had been practicing letters and also trying to draw a heart and she became very frustrated.  Every time she'd start again she'd give herself a little pep talk "Okay, this time I'm going to do it."  It was quite darling.

 
+ Jilly is, as ever, a terrible sleeper.  She wakes up regularly in the middle of the night and begs to sleep with us, which ends up in a sleepless night for 2/3 of us in the bed.  Recently I came up with a solution to make her a little bed on the floor in our room.  She goes to sleep in her bed, but if she wakes up she'll come in and I'll lay a blanket on the (hardwood) floor for her to sleep on.  It looks horribly uncomfortable but one day she told me, "I love my nice, cozy bed on your floor!"  Whatever you say crazy pants.


+ Jilly's hair is her pride and joy.  One day Bryan told her "Jilly, your hair is so straight today." and she said "Thank you Daddy!"  Her goal is to one day have Rapunzel hair- and my goal is to convince her to let me brush it at least every other day.


+ She is constantly singing- princess songs, primary songs, nursery rhymes, and songs she makes up on the spot.  It's kind of fun to have a constant soundtrack, but can be very noisy at times.

(Bryan made this shirt when he was little)

+ Jilly's been a cute little mommy lately, she loves taking care of her babies.

2 comments:

Shauna said...

I'm so impressed with Jilly's pictures. Corbyn's are nowhere near that good. Maybe it's one of those girl-boy differences?

Lisa said...

When did Jilly get so grown up?! I am super impressed by her coloring and writing. Love that she gives herself pep talks. :)