8.07.2014

a great day

Moving to a new city can be lonely.  The girls and I have tried to stay busy, but we just don't know many people and so we've gotten a little bored of each other.  Lucky for us, my mom and siblings were planning to go to the Washington D.C. Temple on Tuesday.  We met up with them and spent the rest of the afternoon together.  It was definitely the highlight of our week.


Jilly was so excited to see Tyler.  She ran into his arms and wouldn't let go for a while.


We went to Wheaton Regional Park and rode the train,



played on the playground,


and rode the Carousel


Wheaton also had some beautiful gardens, but I guess I forgot to take any pictures (it was hot and Jilly was tired so I agreed to carry her on my back which made it extra hot.)  We got some dinner then headed our separate ways.  We're so lucky to live close enough that we can meet up with my family for the afternoon.

1 comments:

Lisa said...

How wonderful is that! Seriously, being able to meet up for the afternoon is perfect. It takes me a few seconds to recognize your siblings. They are growing up so much! Love that Jilly/Tyler connection. I'm sure they'll be good friends for a long, long time.