8.27.2014

home sweet home

We signed a year lease for our townhome. Sometimes I'm terribly sad that we'll have to leave this house in a year and sometimes I am counting down those 365 (now about 300) days.  Here are a few reasons why:


+ Basement/Playroom- it took a little getting used to but we love having all the toys downstairs.  The door to the basement is right next to the kitchen so the girls can play down there while I'm cooking dinner (theoretically- they have yet to figure this out and leave me alone for a few minutes to get an actual meal on the table.)  The basement is also the coolest (temperature-wise, and possibly in the figurative sense too) place in the house so Bryan escapes down there quite often as well.

+ China Cabinet- we never saw the house in person before moving, but we did see lots of pictures and when I saw this built-in China Cabinet I knew it had to be ours.


+ Wood floors, crown molding, tile, granite counters, ceiling fans in every bedroom- I love the beautiful features in this home.  Granted, the floors come at a price.  They are old and crrrreaky.  There's absolutely no sneaking around at night, you can hear every single step.  (Consequently we are planning on moving back here when the girls are between the ages of 14 and 18.)

+ Only one bathroom (well, there is a second bathroom, but it doesn't have a shower, is in the basement, and is kind of scary- I personally choose to avoid it though Jilly thinks it's awesome.)  For the most part this isn't a huge deal, but when we have visitors (and we better have lots because Baltimore is a cool place!) it will be pretty tight.  On the bright side, that's only one bathroom I have to clean.

(this is the normal bathroom; and yes, that's a black toilet...not odd at all)

+ Each door has a different trick to get it to close completely.  And, even with knowing the trick, you are not assured success.  Mattie's door is the worst, and there's nothing more frustrating than getting her peacefully in bed then having to try 15 times to get the stinking door closed.

+ We have a park at the end of our street.  Let me repeat: at the end of our street.  This is HUGE for us.  I can't even describe how wonderful it is to be able to walk down for a few minutes of swinging and sliding any time we want.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

(Consequently we are planning on moving back here when the girls are between the ages of 14 and 18.)...seriously, Rach. You are hilarious! :) The door thing would drive me crazy. Plugging our bathroom tub was like that so I finally ripped it out and put in a regular rubber stopped because I was going nuts every bathtime. And having a park is so nice!! I always say, having a park nearby is like a backyard that someone else mows for you.

kali said...

Yes! The basement toy room was our favorite! It totally made up for some annoying things, like squeaky floors :)

Steph said...

How cute! I love the black toilet :) Baltimore seems really fun. And what a beautiful china cabinet!

Janssen said...

A park at the end of the street was the BEST in North Carolina.

Janssen said...

A park at the end of the street was the BEST in North Carolina.