12.11.2013

the most wonderful time of the year

As sad as I am about not going to Virginia for Christmas this year, it is nice to spend the holiday season in our own home.  I am loving all the time to start traditions, do projects together, and enjoy the excitement of Christmas.  The only problem is that we keep talking about it being Christmas and Jilly cannot figure out why we haven't opened our presents yet.  All in good time little girl.

Last weekend was full of festivities.  On Friday we went to the Folsom Tree Lighting.  It was sooooo cold and kind of drizzling but we still had a great time.  We went on a train ride, met an awesome (free!) Santa, and saw the lights turn on.  This is definitely a tradition we want to continue.




On Saturday morning I had my Relief Society Christmas Breakfast.  Especially with the bad weather and some other events going on that day we expected 60 people max.  But once the activity started the women kept coming and coming and coming- there were 65! I was scrambling around for extra plates and silverware and we just barely had enough food.  Guess I know to plan for more next time.


In the afternoon we went to get our Christmas tree.  Again, it was freezing cold and there were even some snow flurries, which was so exciting to us.  We loved the first tree we saw and didn't even bother to look at any others.  Later that night we decorated.  And by decorated I mean Jilly put all the ornaments in one spot then when she went to bed Bryan and I spread them around (an event that occurs daily.)



This really is the best time of the year.  Jilly and I have had so much fun making our way through the crafts on my Christmas pinterest board.  We have elf shenanigans and Christmas books to look forward to each day, and so many Christmas movies to watch!  Like Jana said, I'm afraid January is going to be so dreary after all this December fun.

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Not gonna lie...with all my paranoia about you guys moving East sooner rather than later, I'm enjoying all this talk about you doing Folsom traditions "next year." :) Such a fun month!