12.20.2013

merry and bright

There really aren't words for how magical this December has been; we've been having a marvelous time with our little family.  On Friday we got a babysitter (Mattie's first besides my mom who doesn't count because I trust her with my children more than I trust myself) and I gave her entirely too many instructions (Bryan was giving the "let's get out of here" signal behind her back as I rambled about bedtimes and allowable snacks.)  We went to our Ward Christmas Party, which was a fun ugly sweater (or ugly t-shirt in our case) party.

On Saturday we went on a family date to the mall and to Mimi's Cafe for lunch.  We got lots of Christmas shopping accomplished, ate a delicious lunch, and enjoyed the beautiful decorations.  Plus, Santa happened to be at Whole Foods while we were there.  This time Jillian was terrified and wouldn't go near him unless I came so we got a family shot with Santa.

 On Sunday night we made gingerbread houses.  As usual, Bryan was the creative genius of the family.  Jillian was all about a Christmas project that involved candy.
 Also this week we made salt dough ornaments of the girls' hands.  I love that we'll have these ornaments around for a while to remember this special year.

On Wednesday night we surprised Jilly with a visit from Kirra.  They spent the night and on Thursday we played at the park, the boys went biking, Kristen and I went shopping, then we all went out to eat and to Dovewood Court (a cul-de-sac nearby where every house has an awesome light display.)  They went on to Bryan's parents' house but we'll see much more of them next week.

Over and over this month I have been overwhelmed by gratitude.  How lucky to have two sweet, happy, and healthy girls, and a nearly perfect husband.  I'm so, so happy to celebrate our Savior's birth with these people I love so much.
Merry Christmas friends!

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Love this post! I've been feeling the same way, overwhelmed with gratitude. I told Bryan life is a little too good these days, it's making me paranoid. :) love your ugly sweater tshirts! What a fun party!