12.07.2013

An Arizona Thanksgiving

Since my family is scattered around the country (California, Utah, Idaho, Virginia, Washington D.C.) we decided to meet at my aunt and uncle's house in Arizona for Thanksgiving. This worked well for us because we got to go a couple days early to see our new nephew.

Jilly told everyone we were going to "Kirrazona"- she was so happy to see her cousin.  The girls had so much fun playing together and the boys of course got some biking in.  We also played mini golf, saw Despicable Me 2 (well, Mattie and I saw most of it), and went out to eat.

my pretty sis-in-law and sweet baby Knox
the moment my baby became a giant
 and then the real giants showed up
 besty bests reunited (love Kirra's silly face)
 Nana and the crew
ice cream cones all around at Jason's Deli

On Tuesday afternoon my family started arriving and we headed to my aunt and uncle's house.
On Wednesday we shopped at Last Chance (the guys were happy to stay home with Jilly) then we went to see Catching Fire (soooo good.)  I'm so spoiled- my sister Bethany had already seen Catching Fire so she took Jilly to see Frozen and my mom offered to stay home with Mattie.

On Thursday the boys played in a turkey bowl then we had our delicious Thanksgiving Feast. That night we went to a nearby resort that had ice skating, a train ride, and lots of Christmas lights.  



 This is my sweet cousin Julia.  I'm the oldest cousin and Julia is the youngest- she's only three years older than Jillian and Jilly loved playing with her.  Jilly couldn't quite figure out how to say Julia so she just called her "my favorite friend" the whole time.  

 On Friday we hiked Camelback Mountain (again spoiled- Jilly stayed home with my aunt and Julia and Bryan carried Mattie in the bjorn.  He went most of the way, but not all the way to the top since it got pretty steep at the end.)  We enjoyed the hot tub and heated pool in the afternoon then went out to eat to celebrate my mom's birthday and to my cousin's basketball game.

Mattie's first hike!
Jilly and Julia both happened to have this little dress 

On Saturday we snapped a picture of us all together, packed up, got some lunch, then made the long trek home.  

It was an excellent, excellent Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Love that picture of you and your sisters! Everyone is so grown up. So funny--I've been shopping for your Birthday present and almost bought you that flower necklace. Good thing I didn't! :) but it's good to know I'm in tune with your style. Jilly and Kira are adorable. What a fun Thanksgiving.

Kelsey said...

Ahh, I miss the Anderson Family. You all look great!