12.13.2013

five fact friday

1. Mattie is Jilly's little shadow these days.  She loved getting to "ride" (we never actually turn them on) the train with her sissy, and then she pulled this hilarious face.

2.  I think I've mentioned this recipe before, but last night I made Indian Butter Chicken and it is the bomb.  I love it because it's quick to make- only takes 30 minutes (if you subtract time used to appease little girls.)  Also, it tastes delicious.  Last night when everyone else was eating cookies for dessert I instead opted for cold leftovers.  That happens exactly never, so you know this stuff is golden.

3. At preschool this week we played Don't Eat Pete!  It had absolutely nothing to do with our letter of the week, but was fun.  The kids semi-understood the game, except 90% of the time someone gave away who Pete was so the person who was "it" usually got to eat all the marshmallows before getting to Pete.  When Bryan came home we played again, but this time with m&ms so it was even better.  (You can find instructions and a game board here)

4. Bryan ordered a cord online for his computer and asks me every.single.day. if it came in the mail.  And the answer is always no.  Then last night he finally told me that it only cost ¢99 and is coming from China.  So I'm pretty sure I'll be answering the "has it come yet" question til 2015.

5.  This morning in her most somber and pleading voice (and, to her credit, not at all whiny) Jilly said, "Mommy, I just can't wait for Christmas.  Can I pleeeeease open a present?"  Apparently the Christmas season is a little too long for three year olds.

1 comments:

Jana said...

i'm going to have to add indian butter chicken to our monthly line up- looks delicious!!

and how have i never heard of don't eat pete?! we'll be playing that as well :)