12.16.2013

Mattie: seven months

7 things to know about my favorite 7-month old:

1. She's obsessed with food.  Whenever we're eating anything she goes craaaaazy to get some.  I have a feeling baby food won't last very long around here; she's already had some table food and loved every bite.
2.  She's got the scoot down.  Perhaps will be crawling by Christmas?
3.  She's not cuddly when she's tired- I just lay her in bed, let her cry for a few minutes then she falls right to sleep.  This is awesome (when we're at home) and not awesome (when we're anywhere but home.)
4.  She wakes up 3-4 times a night.  She's usually very quick to get back to sleep (needs a pacifier, or to be held for a minute, or to nurse) but 4 times?  I could do without that.
5.  Her eyes light up when she sees Jilly and she always wants to be exactly where Jilly is and do exactly what Jilly is doing.
6.  She loves to click her tongue, make popping noises and growl.
7.  She's got the best smile and most delicious chubby cheeks.

3 comments:

Shauntel said...

We totally skipped the baby food with Lou. I mean, I gave it to her(to get some good fruits and veggies in her system), but I'm pretty sure her first food was some guacamole.

Ha ha.

Jenna said...

Reese has that same dress and I love it! Mattie is such a cutie pie! :)

Lisa said...

She is so cute! Didn't Jilly growl, too? Mattie is adorable. :)