12.09.2013

Stockings and Elves

One of the many, many reasons I'm glad Mattie is part of our family is that I love getting to hang up a fourth stocking.  I spent a few nights last week making Mattie's stocking so I could hang them all over the weekend.


I also added little initial tags this year.  I had seen this done a few different ways so I combined a few ideas into what I wanted.  First, I cut out letters from some glitter paper (I picked a font that I liked and printed out letters, cut them out, traced them on the glitter paper, and cut them out.)  Then I hot glued the letters to squares of felt.  Last, I glued little ribbon loops to the back so they can be hung from the stockings.  This way no one is committed to a certain stocking every year (although after making them I let Jilly choose who would have each stocking and she chose exactly as I would have, so maybe these ones will stick forever.)

Can't wait to see what Santa fills them with!

Last year my friend made an elf for her family and I loved the idea because A- I'd been wanting to make a doll and B- I think the elf you buy is kind of creepy.  So I copied her idea and used this pattern to make Ellie the Elf.  I also made a boy version for Lisa's boys.  The pattern was awesome and elves were so fun to make.

Bryan and I have been having a great time finding silly things for Ellie and Buddy (Bryan's parents gave the girls an elf as well) to do each night.
 

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Lol! That picture of the elf being crushed cracks me up. I LOVE OUR ELF!!! Did I tell you I named him Benny? It came to me when I was up in the middle of the night feeding Miles (what's new?). I walked passed him and was like, "Oh, look at Benny, chillin' on the piano." Anyway...I'm so excited to have this Elf that I know will be such a fun and special tradition for my kids for years to come! Thanks again!

Katie said...

I am so impressed with the elves you made! I am not crafty at all, so the idea of making a doll is so far beyond me.