9.30.2013

Whirlwind Weekend in Utah

So... we went to Utah a few weekends ago and I'm just now getting around to posting about it.  It was a quick but wonderful trip.  It started with a loooooong drive.  Don't worry, Jilly only drove for a couple hours. 
 The girls were awesome- we left at 3pm so by 9 they were both out for the night and with a few Dr. Peppers, some snacks, and a great book it was smooth sailing.

After a few hours of sleep we were ready to hit the Beehive State.  First we stopped to see my cousin.  Her darling twin boys are 20 months old but I hadn't seen them yet.  We had so much fun catching up, and looking at this (blurry) picture it's clear we've really grown up and have our hands full!
 Next we went down to "The BYU" as Jilly calls it to see my sister Jenn.  We got Cafe Rio for lunch then had some time to walk around campus.  I love that place so much and was thrilled to be back with our girls (even if it made us feel ancient.)
 I went into near-panic mode when I didn't see the Tree of Life Statue.  Doesn't BYU know they can't move things around without alumni permission?  Luckily we found it.
 Bryan spent many many many many hours in the Clyde Building.


 We met up with Chad and Kylie once they finished class/work and went with them to the race expo to pick up the guys' packets.  Then we got some dinner and headed home so they could get lots of rest before the big day.
Bryan had to leave for the race at 3:30am so he could catch a shuttle to the starting point up Big Cottonwood Canyon.  Here are Chad, Bry, and Jeff waiting in the cold.
 While Bryan started running we hung out at my Grandma's house.  I loved these toys when I was little and it's so wild to see Jilly playing with them now.
 We met up with Kylie at Mile 23 to cheer the guys on.  It was great because Bryan wasn't expecting us at all, and I think it gave him a little boost to get through those last 3.2 miles.  Right after we saw Bryan we piled in the car and drove to the finish line and were able to see his triumphant finish.  It was so, so exciting!

So glad to be done!
The rest of the day we just hung out at my Grandma's house and let Bryan rest.  My wonderful roommate Britney stopped by, we always love to see her.  And my mom got back from dropping my sister off at BYU-I; we were thrilled that our visits to Utah coincided.  That night we went out to eat with Jeff, Chad, and Kylie- the boys savored every bite of their dinner.  (So did I, even though I didn't have any pre-burned calories to enjoy.)

Sunday was another busy day.  We went to visit my Grana Anderson in the morning.  
 Then we went to church and had dinner at my Aunt Diane's house with most of my mom's side of the family.  Mattie was happily passed around and Jilly loved playing with all my cute cousins.

On Monday we packed up, said goodbye, and made the awful trip home.  If only Nevada wasn't so big, we'd go to Utah much more often!

1 comments:

Lisa said...

What a crazy trip, but so fun!! Love that pic of you and your cousin.