9.25.2013

Dad's visit

My Dad came last weekend so he could be here for Mattie's blessing.  We LOVED having him visit, and did some fun things while he was here.  On Saturday morning Dad and I went on a run.  Not the brightest idea to go running with your marathon-running dad when you're not in tip top condition.  I needed a break so we started walking til Jilly started trash-talking me from the stroller "Mommy, why are we going so slow?"

Next we went to the Zoo.  I had been watching the weather all week and I knew that rain was a possibility, but it was supposed to only sprinkle.  Well, after about 30 minutes of enjoying the animals it started to pour.  We were near a covered area so we took shelter and ate overpriced zoo food while we waited.  Eventually we decided the rain wasn't stopping so we got out our umbrellas and saw the rest of the animals in the downpour.  Perhaps not our best Zoo day, but memorable nonetheless.








when the storm first arrived the animals went kind of nutso, I had never seen a giraffe run and it was so crazy to watch


her first time wearing pants since February



Luckily the Carousel was covered



After thawing out, taking naps, and watching some football we went out to eat.

We got all decked out to cheer on our Cougars, but we won't talk about how that ended...

Sunday was the blessing; we had a great day celebrating our Mattie girl.  Then on Monday we went to the park before taking Dad to the airport.  We were all sad to see him go

2 comments:

Lisa said...

That last picture of your dad with the girls is especially adorable!
How'd you get Jilly to wear pants?!
And the trash talking cracked me up. :)

Alyssa Jacobs said...

I love Jilly's shoes!