8.15.2012

Roxy

Last week my neighbor called and asked if we'd be willing to watch her dog for the weekend.  My inclination was to turn her down since I am most definitely not a dog person.  But I thought about how much Jilly would love it so I decided we could handle an animal around here for a few days.

Turns out it was a great decision because we all thoroughly enjoyed Roxy.  If there is such thing as a perfect dog, Roxy is that.  She hardly barks, she doesn't shed, she's little, and she's potty trained.  She'd follow us around the house and then snuggle up whenever we sat down.  She was patient with crazy Jillian who could not get enough of her new furry friend.  Don't get me wrong, we're not about to run out and get a dog of our own, but we'd be happy to dog-sit Roxy every once in a while.

Jilly trying to feed Roxy with a spoon- didn't work very well
 taking a walk (before having her hair done for the day)
 I asked my neighbor where Roxy usually sleeps and she said in bed with her.  I thought, "no way, not happening at my house."  The first night Roxy was crying and begging to get on the bed so softy Bryan let her up.  Luckily she just stayed on the end of the bed, but sometimes I would forget she was there and kick her in the night.  Poor little girl. 
 going in for a hug
We all kind of miss Roxy now that she's gone!

1 comments:

Shauntel said...

I'm a dog lover, Jess is learning. :) And Belle informs us daily that when we get a house, we're getting a dog and a cat. And a chick now.

Welcome to the Dog Like Club. Before you know it, you'll have a little fur ball you love too!

(Just get a non shedder. Makes a world of difference.)