8.16.2012

Cheese

When I was pregnant with Jilly I pretty much ate all the time.  This was partly because I was hungry, and partly because if I stopped eating, I started to feel icky.  And the thing I wanted to eat the most was cheese.  While my students were testing that Spring, they got a snack of American cheese and pretzels every day.  Those stacks of American cheese on my desk each morning looked divine.  After passing the snack out to my students I'd always snag a square of cheese for myself.  Gross, I know.  But on many occasions it was that slice of cheese that got me through the morning.

Apparently my love of cheese passed on to Jilly.  Repeatedly throughout the day she'll open the fridge, grab the block of cheese, and get a spoon (she can't reach the knives.)  I have become very proficient at slicing cheese with a spoon, and then we share a little snack together.  I love that Jilly and I share such a refined palate.


2 comments:

Alyssa Jacobs said...

When I was prego with Hannah all I wanted was cheese too! Awesome :)

Janssen said...

Tillamook seems pretty refined to me!