9.03.2011

Utah

When I was little I looked up at those huge Utah mountains and proclaimed that the state was ugly and I hated it.  Then I lived there for 6 years and I fell in love with those mountains.  They are beautiful in their own majestic way, and provide so much entertainment for us!

Jilly and I were excited to visit Utah.  My family was there so Jilly had lots of fun playing with her aunties and uncle.  We also visited lots of my aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents.  I have 72 relatives living in Utah (I realize that I exaggerate a lot, but this is no exaggeration, I counted.)  We traveled all over the state seeing most of them.  To my Utah Friends- I am so sorry I couldn't see you, I didn't have my own car nor my own schedule.  We were at the mercy of the group and with 72 relatives to see friends had to get the cut.  We'll have to make another trip soon to see friends.  We love you!

While in Utah we:
- went up the canyon for a hike, picnic, and roasting s'mores
- got to be there for my cousin Josh's homecoming
- spent a day playing at Seven Peaks Salt Lake
- walked around Temple Square
- visited some adorable 3 week old puppies (our dog's half siblings)
- went to the zoo for Jilly's first time
- went on a hike up to Cecret Lake
- saw The Help while my saintly dad watched 9 little kids
- went swimming in my cousins' pool

Welcome Home Josh!  Can you tell that we're all on our toes trying to look taller?  Even on my toes I'm the shortest. 

Jilly loved hiking with her Grandpa 

My aunt and cousin fed Jilly a piece of cake- obviously she loved it 

Checking out the elephants with Auntie Jenn

She loved the monkeys and as I watched them I realized she is very much like them!

This puppy and Jilly just stared at each other for a while and they were both making the same squeaking noise at each other, it was so funny

at the Christus statue

0 comments: