9.22.2011

The Story of Us, Part One

I’ve learned that buying a house is possibly the slowest and most frustrating process there is.  About a month ago our realtor said, “This will happen soon, better get packing!”  Either she grossly overestimated the amount of belongings we have or she grossly underestimated the time it would take to close on this freakin’ house.  So, I’m pretty much all packed up and just waiting.  And waiting around with all my belongings packed up means I have lots of time for blogging!  I’ve seen a few people do this and I think they’re delightful to read.  If you think it’s annoying though, I’m terribly sorry.  Just ignore my blog for the next few days.


Bryan and I met in the fall of 2005.  We were in the same ward at BYU.  I had two tall and gorgeous roommates and when they heard there was an apartment in our ward that had 3 guys who were 6+ feet tall they dragged me to meet them.  When I laid eyes on all 6 foot 4 inches of Bryan, I was instantly swooning. 

Our apartments became good friends that year and we all hung out a lot (another marriage came out of this friendship as well)  We went to Rock the Block together, played baseball in a parking lot, went up the canyon, had Halloween parties, etc.  One memorable night we had a prank war with the boys that left our little apartment looking like this:

I never let on to Bryan that I was majorly crushing because I wasn’t sure how he felt and I didn’t want to mess up our friendship.   In December Lisa’s dad had 4 extra tickets to see The Forgotten Carol.  Lisa convinced me to go with her and ask Bryan (the only time I’ve ever asked a boy out on a date and it was extreeeeeemely nerve-wracking- poor boys.)  We went, had a great time at the play and eating pie afterwards.  
Post-edit: This is the picture from our Forgotten Carol date.  I knew it existed somewhere, it just took some extra time to find

After the date I thought “Okay, the ball’s in his court.  If he likes me he can take this thing further.”  But he didn’t.  Later he told me he had no clue of my intentions then.  I decided that I was doomed to be his good friend with a major secret crush on him forever.

To be continued…

Our pre-dating life- having s'mores up the canyon

6 comments:

Emily said...

I love this!! I have never actually heard of how you two became one. Ha ha. I just heard that you met in the same ward. I'm excited to see what comes next!

Janssen said...

Yes! Must hear the rest of this story.

The Daytons said...

I love reading these so keep writing! I may have to do one some day!

Jenna said...

Oh yay I'm so glad your doing this! I loved doing it and love reading others. :) can't wait for more!

Lauren@ "Happiness is..." said...

I love this! I'm in the process of doing one as well. I remember when we went to Dusneyland and you told me about this bot named Brian. :)

Amy and Andrew said...

Rachie I love the story!!! So cute. I remember so vividly so many memories of you two pre-marriage!! I miss you girl and hope you are well!!! ps that last pic of me is so funny haha. I look like im 12!!