9.11.2011

9/11

In 2001 I had just started my sophomore year of high school.  On the morning of September 11th I was sitting in Mrs. Rollison's homeroom and as people walked in there were whispers about planes, towers, and an attack.  No one quite knew what was going on so our teacher turned on the tv.  I remember smoke, lots of smoke.  I don't remember very much about school that day but I will never forget 6th period.  A girl was called to the office.  She seemed nervous so my teacher said, "Don't worry, I'm sure you're not in trouble," to which the girl replied, "I'm not worried about being in trouble.  I'm worried about my dad- he works in the Pentagon."  The room was silent as we all waited and hoped for her to return with good news.  Luckily, she did- her dad was fine.  

9/11 is always a reminder to me to be grateful for all I have.  I'm grateful for my family, my country, my friends, my health, my safety, my beliefs, my education, and my freedom.