9.26.2011

The Story of Us, Part Three

We held hands.  So what now?  I had no clue what to expect.  Keep in mind that it is early April.  We had approximately 2 weeks left in Provo then I was leaving for my Study Abroad in London and he was heading to California to work for the summer.


A couple nights later Bryan asked me on a real date.  We went with his brother and sister-in-law to Trafalga.  We had fun playing miniature golf, riding go-karts, and playing in the arcade.  At the end of the night Bryan let me choose what to get with our tickets.  I got these weird bubble things (Bryan later told me that was a stupid pick, he thought I should have gotten a stuffed animal to “remember the night by” but that was before he learned of my deep hatred for stuffed animals.)  But I’m no dummy.  I got the bubbles thinking I’d be able to convince Bryan to come back to my apartment to try them out. 

Success.  Bryan came back and we hung out for a little bit longer.  Then, as he was leaving he kissed me.  After he left I ran back to tell my roommates the exciting news.    Unfortunately we forgot that Bryan had to walk by our window to make it back to his apartment.  He told me the next day that he heard us screaming in excitement.  Smooth move Rach.

Poor Bryan had mega- hard math classes that semester and he probably should have spent more time studying for his finals, but for once in the history of forever Provo had nice weather that April.  So we made the most of those short 2 weeks we had together.  We hiked up the canyon, had picnics at the park, went to Velour for open mic night, attended a baseball game, ate ice cream, and spent as much time as possible together.
At Velour

Eventually our last night came around.  We walked around Provo until it got too cold to be outside then we headed to Village Inn for hot chocolate (the typical post- curfew activity for BYU couples.)  We had had a great few weeks together but I wasn’t sure what was going to happen next.  Would we make it through 4 months of being very far apart?  Would we even try to make it or just end things now?

Bryan said he had a present for me and pulled out a Walmart bag (the boy has impeccable taste in wrapping paper.)  It was a picture frame with a picture of us.   That’s when he told me he wanted to stay together over the summer. 

So we said a tearful goodbye and headed to our separate destinations.
Our last day together- we were sweaty from packing, moving and cleaning all day and I was about to get on a red eye flight, nice.

To be continued...

6 comments:

Katie said...

haha! I LOVE that he heard you screaming in excitement that he kissed you. So cute.

Emily said...

I bet him hearing you screaming about the kiss only helped to seal the deal of how much you liked him and made him feel awesome- so I say it's a good thing!

I loved this post! Who knew Bryan was such a romantic- so darling that he would give you a framed picture of the two of you and tell you he wanted to stay together. How darling!

Lauren@ "Happiness is..." said...

Oh separating foe the summer is the worst!! Can't wait to hear what happens next!

Janssen said...

You would have been less sad if you'd known the next day you'd be on dishes duty with me :)

Jenna said...

That's sooo sweet HE was the one who asked to stay together over summer! More more more, hurry!

Chace & Rivka said...

Aww, I like this little series! Keep it coming! Love, love, love... You're a great couple. I always thought so.