9.23.2011

The Story of Us, Part Two

Recap-  I like Bryan, he doesn’t know it, we’re good friends.


By Valentine’s Day 2006 things were kind of bleak in my life.  Roommate #1 was engaged, Roommate #2 had a boyfriend and Roommate #3 was on a date with a boy who would become her boyfriend that night and later her husband.  Where was I?  Alone and still pining after Bryan.  I went to a Valentine’s Party and Bryan was there but then he left to talk to his mom on the phone.  Seriously?!?!  Who talks to their mom on Valentine’s Night?  I guess they say that if a boy treats his mom well then he will be good to his wife- worked out nicely for me.

Since all of our roommates had significant others there were much fewer hangouts between our two apartments.  I still liked him a lot, but was beginning to give up. 

At the end of March Bryan told me about some hot springs down in Spanish Fork that we could hike to.  It sounded fun so we gathered a group of people to go.  And, as these things usually go, everybody ended up in couples as we hiked.  And somehow, Bryan and I ended up hiking together.   And this is where the magic happens. 

The trail had lots of snow and ice patches.  Any self-respecting girl in love with the boy she was with would use this to her advantage.  I perhaps slipped a little more than was needful and grabbed onto big, strong Bryan to help stable me.  And, one time I grabbed his hand he didn’t let go.  We held hands the whole rest of the way and I think I smiled bigger that night than I ever had before. 

At the Hot Springs on hand-holding night

To be Continued…

3 comments:

Rachel {La Familia Pearson} said...

I didn't know anything about how you to ended up together, so please blog on! :) This is fun!

Lisa said...

I am loving this!! Need more! I feel like a soap opera addict.

Jenna said...

Awww, that is just too cute! love it!