4.29.2011

Royal Wedding


All week I told Bryan I wanted to watch the Royal Wedding.  He told me A. I was crazy and B. there was a 0% chance of him watching with me.  Since sleep is very precious around here I decided not to set an alarm but just see what happened during the night.

1am- Jilly wakes up, eats, and goes back to sleep.  I check the tv and they're still doing pre-wedding show- not worth my sleep.
3am- Jilly wakes up again.  She doesn't usually wake up again so soon so I consider it a sign.  I turn on the tv just in time to see stunning Kate walking down the aisle.  At that point I had no choice but to stay up and watch the whole thing (Jillian only made it through half of the ceremony, then she gave up and fell back asleep on her mom.)  
4:30am- Kate and William arrive at Buckingham Palace and I go back to bed.
6:00am- Jilly wakes up, excited to keep watching coverage of the wedding, our day begins.


I'm sure you're dying to hear my observations (I know Bryan is)
- I LOOOOVED the dress
- When William said "for richer or poorer" in his vows Kate smiled.  Pretty sure there's not going to be too much "poorer" for this couple.
- I kept thinking of when I toured Westminster Abbey and I was so sick.  I was too tired to walk around so I just sat down and admired the magnificent church.
- Hats are fun.  I would be in full support if their popularity spread across the pond.
- I think it was the bishop who said that "every wedding is a royal wedding because we are all children of the King of Creation"- loved that quote.

Please forgive us if we are a little un-princesslike today, we're a bit tired.

1 comments:

Jana said...

i love that quote too :) we had an unintentional night watching the royal wedding as well - guess it was meant to be...although we are quite tired today.