4.04.2011

Conference

We had a lovely weekend watching General Conference. We ate to our hearts' content and then took a long walk to attempt to counteract those calories when it was all over. My favorite talk was Elder Cook's. Lately I've felt like I wasn't contributing very much to our family. It's very frustrating to feel like I'm constantly spending money but not helping to earn money. I also felt like my life was too easy and fun- so much of my day is spent just playing with and taking care of cute Jillian and not really accomplishing anything concrete. I love being a stay-at-home mom, but lately I've had creeping doubts that maybe my life is small and insignificant. As I sat listening to conference, Elder Cook's words perfectly calmed my worries.

“No woman should ever feel the need to apologize or to feel that her contribution is less significant because she is devoting her primary efforts to raising and nurturing children; Nothing could be more significant in our Father in Heaven’s plan.”

I feel so lucky that I get to spend all my time with Jilly and that I have the support of a hard-working husband and wise leaders.

nothing could be more significant

3 comments:

Lauren@ "Happiness is..." said...

I loved that talk too! Such a great conference, of course it always is. I love being a stay at home mommy and I can't think of a better job! I also run my run a business out of my home to make extra for our family which I love because it never takes away from my time with my girl. Jillian is so adorable Rachel, such a cutie!! I bet you are the best mommy!

Rachel {La Familia Pearson} said...

That was one of my favorites, too. It's so nice that our leaders remind us of what's really true and what really matters. :)
Being a mom is the best!

Anna said...

Rachel I have been having those exact same feelings overwhelming me. It's very frustrating. That one quote is same quote that profoundly stuck out to me as well. We're all in this together. If you come up with any other great ways to make that feeling go away please let me know. I love you!