4.18.2011

Butter Pie

Finding out as I left church at 4:15 yesterday that my brother-in-law and 2 of his friends would be at our house at 5:00 for dinner sent me into a tailspin.  My problems were numerous:

1. The dinner I had planned on would not feed 3 extra people so I had to come up with something else
2. I do all my grocery shopping on Mondays so my food supplies were seriously dwindling
3. I had a grouchy baby who can no longer sleep during church because it's way more fun to smile and play with her many admirers

Luckily I was able to get the babe down for a nap, then figure out what to feed everyone.  I decided to make our beloved Cookie Pie for dessert.  Somehow in the midst of marinating chicken, cooking pasta, and chopping tomatoes I doubled the amount of butter in the dough.  Bryan was mixing it for me and commented that it had a TON of butter.  In my frenzy I wasn't really focusing on little things like the amount of butter and said, "well, it's cookie pie- did you expect it to be healthy?"

Fast forward an hour later- we have finished dinner and I check on the cookie pie.  The oven is full of smoke as excess butter drips out of the pie and down on the burner.  That's when I finally realize my mistake.  Oops.

Want to know the worst part of the story?  We still ate it.

2 comments:

Bmar said...

The cookie pie had 3 whole sticks of butter in it. The thing that scared me the most though is that I liked it.

Suzie Soda said...

Well you can never have too much butter..just ask Paula Deen. xoxo