3.06.2011

sick

Back when we were in Virginia I started to get a little cold but I had many willing helpers and it never got very bad.  My little sister asked, "what happens when moms get sick?"  My mom replied, "moms don't get sick."

"Awesome," I thought, "I've developed immunity!"  Wrong.  Oh, so wrong.  This weekend I learned that what she really meant was mom's choose to not be sick.  They're just as susceptible to germs as the rest of the world, but moms don't have the luxury of allowing themselves to be sick.  This weekend we've all been hit with a humdinger of a cold and as much as I would love to lay on the couch and watch Friday Night Lights all day long someone needs to feed the baby, change her incessant diapers (it seems like there have been WAY more than usual this weekend), play with her, get her dressed, wake up early with her, and generally keep her alive.  Besides that, all the good medicines are off-limits.  How I miss the days of popping a nyquil and sleeping to my heart's content.

Oh well, I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

2 comments:

Janssen said...

I believe it's a scientific fact that recovery speed increases dramatically with some Coach Taylor and Tim Riggins watching.

Rachel {La Familia Pearson} said...

Totally just had a whole of all of us being sick, and with two little ones I really understand the whole "moms don't sick" business. :)
Now I know why my mom was so good at taking care of us...she just did it.
Good luck!