3.02.2011

Motherhood

It's amazing to me how one little thing (a little Jillian to be exact) has changed my life so much.  I've joined the ranks of all those called Mother.  It seems everywhere I go I end up talking about feeding schedules, sleeping routines, and diapers.  People are constantly asking about my sweet little girl and, let's be honest, I love talking about her.

Just today I called comcast about my ridiculously high bill.  Jilly was sitting next to me "talking" to the animals on her playmat.  The woman on the phone said, "Do I hear a baby?  How old is she?"  Turns out she has a seven month old baby.  We spent the next 10 minutes talking about our little girls.  What started out as a boring and frustrating call became very fun.  As we hung up the woman said, "I hope you and Jillian have a great day."

All of a sudden I have a billion best friends- all the moms in the world- because we have something wonderful in common- we all love our babies.

1 comments:

Janssen said...

Isn't that so true? I feel like I've joined a secret club.