3.15.2011

Bracketology

In my family we don't take college sports lightly.  Every year during the football bowls and basketball tournament we have a competition among all the posterity of my grandpa and his siblings.  The prize?  Family honor, bragging rights for a whole year.  It gets pretty intense.

I have participated in the family competition since I was in high school and have done pretty well if I may say so myself.  I won twice, and this past winter Bryan and I came in at #1 and #3 (my stinkin' 8 year old brother sneaked in and stole position #2 from me at the last minute.)

My secret is this: the less you know, the better you do.  Seriously.  Here are some of the criteria I use to pick my winning teams:
- any school I have attended (which means BYU since Godwin High has yet to produce a NCAA tourny- worthy team)
- any school in Virginia
- any school with proximity to Virginia
- any school that someone I know attends
- any school that someone I know really likes (for example- OSU for my roomie Britney)

But this year I got an email from my brother-in-law-to-be (wow, what a title) that will save me hours and hours of research.  I am passing along this gift to you.

bracket by mascots
bracket by colors

Bring on the Madness, and Go Cougs!


(Did I really just write a whole post about sports?)

1 comments:

Lisa said...

So awesome! :)